Internship Business Analyst at Picnic Technologies
Do you want to change the way people buy groceries today? Picnic offers you the opportunity to
work in an innovative start-up culture where everything you do matters. With a data-driven
approach and an incredible service, Picnic strives to make grocery shopping simple, fun, and
affordable for everyone. Known for our just-in-time supply-chain and a unique last-mile delivery
strategy, we have become one of the fastest-growing companies in Europe!
Where you fit in
Picnic is evolving. We’re a growing company constantly presented with new challenges. This
creates a lot of room for inventive ideas. From perfecting our delivery routes, forecasting our
growth or coming up with new strategies to reduce waste – there are great opportunities for unique
projects. As one of our interns, you’ll be part of a dedicated team and take ownership of your
From day one, you start coordinating a personal project. You develop the proposal and take
complete ownership over an idea. It’s important to us that you run the whole project from initiation
to implementation. That means, the more time you have available, the more interesting projects
you can take over!
We expect interns to fit straight into a demanding atmosphere. You’ll find yourself working
alongside the founders, treated as a full-time employee, and receiving invaluable experience in a
challenging environment. With your foot in the door, you can create a solid platform from which
to embark on a career. As an intern at Picnic, your work will have a genuine impact on an evolving
Have a look at some example projects to further develop our unique supply chain at Picnic:
• Project 1: Rethink routing algorithms. Combine in- and outbound in truck planning algorithms.
• Project 2: Optimize deposits and other returns across the entire supply chain.
• Project 3: Reinvent our performance prediction of runners – Improve the planning cycle of
runners + online marketing and advertising activities for runner recruitment
But there are many more projects you could work on further along our supply chain, within our
commercial or marketing teams. If you also have your own ideas of projects that could fit within
Picnic, please let us know!
What challenges await you
Develop a personal project and take ownership of ideas from the drawing board to
• Work in a smart, young, and motivated team
• Work alongside Analysts to solve analytical and operational problems
• Evolve, develop, and challenge yourself in an evolving company
What you need
• Pursuing a Master’s degree in Econometric, Mathematics, Engineering or Operations with
a strong technical focus
• Excellent Excel and data analysis skills
• Hands-on and proactive
• Structured, reliable and stress-resistant
• Knowledge of Tableau, SQL, and Python is a plus
• Fluency in both verbal and written English
• At least 6 months for a graduation internship, or 4 months for a regular internship
What are the Picnic Perks?
• Steep learning curve by taking on responsibility from day one
• Freedom to realize own projects and implement your ideas
• Be part of a team with ground-breaking entrepreneurs, creative minds, and out-of-the-box-
• No hierarchical thinking: Be your own leader!
• Participate in team events, Christmas or summer parties, and cozy barbecues
Up for the challenge? Then check out this video and become part of the Picnic team!